martedì 19 maggio 2020

Wildflowers Notebook with PaperArtsy Infusions

Hi everyone and welcome. It's Jenny here, back to share more ideas for using your PaperArtsy Infusions and the beautiful stamp designs of Kay Carley. Today's project is a fabric covered notebook that features wildflowers on the cover. Here's the finished hand bound notebook;


Let's show you how this came together;

I started by cutting a piece of plain cotton fabric slightly larger than my Eileen Hull Designs Notebook cover. After spraying it with water on both sides I sprinkled a mix of Raspberry and Blackcurrant PaperArtsy Infusions over it, allowing them to react with the water.


I used a brush to move the Infusions dye colour around until it covered all of the fabric and then dried it with a heat gun.


Once the fabric was dry I glued it onto the notebook cover using double sided adhesive. I then used JOFY JM05 Stamp with white gesso to add a pattern over both sides of the cover.


To create the decoration for the front I stamped wildflowers from Kay Carley's Stamp Sets EK06 and EK07 on to white card using coordinating Archival Inks. Note; you can bend the stems on the stamps when putting them on your stamp blocks to change the shape slightly when stamping. The flowers were then cut out. I blended brown ink around the edges and used Wendy Vecchi's new Liquid Pearls to add the raised detail you can see on the finished book.


To add a contrasting layer and some trim for the spine of the book I used more PaperArtsy Infusions, this time a mix of Olive Tree, Slime and Golden Sands to colour more fabric and some cotton lace. This time I didn't move the colour around quite as much with my brush so the different colours remained more distinct.


To finish the notebook cover I stitched through the piece of green/yellow fabric before sticking it onto the front. Over the top I applied a piece of old book paper and some tissue coloured with the Golden Sands Infusions before bundling the wildflowers together on top. The lace was added to the spine and I attached some twisted cotton yarn with a charm at the top. Finally tea stained pages were bound inside.


Here's a reminder of how the finished notebook looks;



I hope you've enjoyed seeing today's projects and feel inspired to try using Infusions with your fabrics. The stampsInfusions, Archival Inks and white gesso are all available in the Marte store along with lots more PaperArtsy goodies so make sure to check them out.

Thanks for visiting,
Jenny (Pushing The Right Buttons)

7 commenti:

  1. can you show us how you attached the tea stained pages inside?

    RispondiElimina
  2. this is such a gorgeous notebook Jenny!

    RispondiElimina
  3. Great techniques used here - love that cloth cover and how it was colored!

    RispondiElimina
  4. Wonderful tutorial - I always learn something from you!

    RispondiElimina
  5. Just beautiful Jenny- that color is amazing... and of course I learned all kind of fun techniques too! Thanks...

    RispondiElimina